We extend a warm and welcoming invitation to come meet our gentle elephants; engage with them, learn about their complex family structure and unique physiology and simply enjoy the privilege of spending time with them. We offer various activities to cater for different ages, interests and time available. Please note that bookings are necessary, as we don’t offer all the activities every day to ensure that the elephants have plenty of rest, relaxation and feeding time.
2021 SADC SPECIAL RATES: Valid 01 Jan - 30 Jun 2021
|ELEPHANT INTERACTION||1 hour||R 450||R 225||09h00, 12h00, 16h00||BOOK|
|INTERACTION & WALK WITH THE ELEPHANT||1 hour 30 min||R 1300||R 650||09h00, 12h00, 16h00||BOOK|
|ELEPHANT INTERACTION & RIDE||1 hour 30 min||R 1300||R 650||09h00, 12h00, 16h00||BOOK|
|SUNSET INTERACTION, WALK/RIDE WITH ELEPHANTS & SUNDOWNERS||1 hour 45 min||R 1620||R 810||16h00||BOOK|
|ULTIMATE ELEPHANT EXPERIENCE||2 hours||R 2600||R 1300||12h00||BOOK|
|HALF DAY WITH THE ELEPHANT||Half Day||R 3200||R 1600||07h00 – 13h30||BOOK|
|FULL DAY WITH THE ELEPHANT||Full Day||R 4000||No Under 12s||07h00 – 17h30||BOOK|
A wonderful hour of touching, feeding and learning about the elephants and Elephant Whispers.View More
ELEPHANT INTERACTION & WALK
Following the interaction, accompany the elephants on a leisurely Bush walk.View More
SUNSET INTERACTION, WALK/RIDE WITH ELEPHANTS & SUNDOWNERS
After accompanying the elephant to their stables, toast the setting sun as the elephants settle down for the night.View More
ELEPHANT INTERACTION & RIDE
After a rewarding interaction, sadle up and set off into the African bush with the elephants for an elephant ride.View More
JUST FABULOUS – GENTLE, KIND AND LOVING – GOOD FOR THE SOUL – YOU MUST GO
I went with much trepidation given what we all see on the internet about poor elephants and the ‘tourist industry’, and I had already threatened to leave at the first sign of any mistreatment of these beautiful creatures. Please read on – I did not leave and even went back for a full day – I love this place, it is good for the soul.
Join the Elephant Whispers family for an unforgettable morning with the elephants; an in-depth, interactive and educational elephant experience that will stay with you.
A full day in the company of five remarkable African elephant is a unique and meaningful activity; a life changing and touching experience leaving you with lifelong memories.
By prior arrangement, guests staying at Hippo Hollow Hotel can walk across the bridge to Elephant Whispers.
PLEASE NOTE: From May to August the sun sets earlier, for safety reasons it is necessary to travel to and from Elephant Whispers by vehicle for all the 16h00 elephant activities. The cost of return road transfer from Hippo Hollow to Elephant Whispers is R 200 per person. Occasionally, after heavy rainfall the path from the bridge is inaccessible, visitors can contact Elephant Whispers for assistance organising road transfers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Inclusive of 15% VAT. In South African Rands. Subject to availability.
- RATES INCLUDE: Elephant activity booked.
- RATES EXCLUDE: Transfers to/from Elephant Whispers.
- Extra drinks and beverages. Telephone Calls. Curio Shop Purchases.
- We welcome children of all ages (under adult supervision) for the Elephant Interactions.
- The minimum age for Walking with the Elephant is 6 years. Children walking must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, and this will be at the discretion of management.
- The minimum age for riding the elephants is 5 years. Children riding the elephants must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, and this will be at the discretion of management.
- Children under the age of 12 years qualify for children’s rates.
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Please contact us for our Booking Policy & Cancellation Policy.