Conservation is an important component of the South African school curriculum. Throughout their schooling, learners are encouraged to develop their knowledge of our natural heritage and of conservation of the environment and our diverse wildlife.
ELEPHANT EDUCATION IS HANDS-ON AND FUN!
The aim of the Senior School Program at Elephant Whispers is to teach students about the physiology of elephants and to enhance their awareness of the issues and the diverse approaches to conservation. We hope to enthuse Learners to actively promote and participate in conserving wildlife.
The content of the information given during the Elephant Interaction varies in accordance to the ages of the school groups. Pre-primary and primary school groups spend a wonderful hour touching, feeding and learning about African Elephants, and are introduced to the challenges facing elephants in Southern Africa.
The Elephant Whispers elephants are fulfilling an essential function as wildlife ambassadors for their own kind. We believe they will make a positive contribution towards empowering our country’s youth to ensure the long term sustainable future of elephants in Africa.
- The maximum group size for school groups visiting Elephant Whispers is 45 pupils.
- Please contact Elephant Whispers reservations for your special quote.
- Two teachers accompanying each school group will not be charged for the Elephant Interaction. Thereafter adults accompanying the group will be charged the standard Elephant Interaction amount.
- The ideal activity for school groups is the Elephant Interaction, regrettably activities which include walking with the elephant cannot be booked.
- Previously disadvantaged schools are welcome to contact Elephant Whispers to discuss rates.